Disable RAM Plus on OneUI 4.1
When Samsung released the Android 12 update for my phone a few months ago, I noticed a new RAM Plus setting, which uses the storage to expand the memory. Pretty useless on my phone, as it has already 8 GB of RAM.
In OneUI 5 there will be a new option to disable it, but until then, there’s a workaround to disable it on phones with OneUI 4.1:
- Enable the developer settings by pressing the build number in the software info multiple times.
- Enable USB debugging and connect the phone to your PC.
- Download the Android SDK Platform Tools.
- Run the following command:
adb shell settings put global ram_expand_size_list 0,1,2,4,6,8
- Reboot your phone.
- Go to the RAM Plus setting, choose 0 GB and reboot again.
Now you’re RAM Plus free. 🎉
Tags: Android, Tips