Home • Posts • More • Subscribe • Search • Deutsch • About me • Contact
This are alphabetically sorted lists of blogs and sites I subscribe to using Miniflux. When available, I often prefer the JSON Feed over RSS or ATOM.
Continuously automatically updated…
Blogs (en) (42)
Blogs (de) (12)
Open Source Projects (11)
Interactions & Comments
- Jan-Lukas Else Updated Miniflux blogroll generation script
- Jan-Lukas Else How my blogroll gets generated (now completely automatic!)
- Jan-Lukas Else How my blogroll gets generated (now completely automatic!)
- Jan-Lukas Else My 2019 in Review This year is coming to an end and so I want to take the chance to review the year and write down what happened this year. On the technical side as well as personally.MonthsLet me start with each month:January2019 has started the same way the new decade will start too. I studied for exams, wrote exams and finally, after the exams, did some practical work in the company where I am doing my dual study.Otherwise I did a lot of body weight training with Runtastic Results in January. The app is now…
- Jan-Lukas Else Mein 2020 im Rückblick Letztes Jahr musste ich für meinen Jahresrückblick erst einmal überlegen, was in jedem Monat überhaupt passiert ist. Dieses Jahr ist das etwas einfacher, da ich seit Anfang des Jahres jeden Monat einen Monatsrückblick sowohl auf Deutsch, als auch auf Englisch geschrieben habe.Zum Abschluss des Jahres hier nocheinmal eine Auflistung aller Monatsrückblicke und ein paar allgemeine Gedanken:JanuarFebruarMärzAprilMaiJuniJuliAugustSeptemberOktoberNovemberDezemberDieses Jahr war anders. Es is…
- Jan-Lukas Else My 2020 in Review Last year I first had to think about what happened in each month for my year in review. This year it’s a bit easier, because since the beginning of the year I wrote a monthly review in German as well as in English.To finish the year, here is a list of all monthly reviews and some general thoughts:JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecemberThis year was different. Many previously unthinkable things have happened. As the pastor said in his sermon on Christmas Ev…
- Jan-Lukas Else My current state regarding meal replacements In my 2019 Year in Review, I wrote the following: Also sometime in February I started to drink whole meal powders, motivated by the poor nutrition that resulted from the lack of opportunities for good food in the neighbourhood of the company. Instead of eating junk food at lunchtime, I wanted to drink a complete shake, which not only filled me up, but also gave me all the nutrients my body needs. After choosing Huel in February, I will switch to another brand, probably in February 2020, after…
- Jan-Lukas Else "Start a blog" James Van Dyne reminds to start a blog:Over the years I tried to start back up again. “I should blog more”, I’d tell myself. I’d always try to focus on writing “evergreen” content or writing “professional” content and after a short burst, stop.Discovering the IndieWeb helped remind me that I’m writing for me on my blog. It doesn’t have to always be professional all the time. This past year or two regularly blogging again has helped me remember just how magical the internet…
- Jan-Lukas Else Newsletters didn't kill Blogs In my IndieWeb bubble, this essay by Robin Rendle about newsletters has been circulating for a few days. It says newsletters have killed blogs, blogs are too complex and newsletters are the future, because they are easier (or at least that’s how I understood it).I am not a fan of newsletters, as I had blogged previously:Newsletters however popup in your email inbox and create pressure. The newsletter stays in your inbox, always reminding you, you haven’t looked at it yet. It interrupts yo…
- Tomáš Jakl
- Jan Boddez Jan’s Blog — In reply to https://jlelse.blog/thoughts… In reply to https://jlelse.blog/thoughts/2021/01/newsletters-blogs.
If anything did greatly reduce blogging’s popularity among the general populace, it would be Facebook and Twitter.
- Frank Meeuwsen OPEN S02E26 – De tijd is rijp voor de nieuwsbriefstage? Goedemorgen!
Het is vandaag een jaar geleden dat ik voor het eerst mondkapjes bestelde. Ik ging eens terug in het nieuws waarom ik in januari die dingen al kocht. Er was toen al sprake van een nieuw virus in Wuhan en in Frankrijk waren de eerste besmettingen bekend. We zijn een jaar verder, zitten binnen en wachten tot we een vaccin mogen. Gelukkig is er genoeg te internetten en minder te doomscrollen!
Jullie waren duidelijk in de reacties bij de vorige editie! Dit format is meer overzi…
- Jan-Lukas Else "On SEO" Scott Nesbit’s Weekly Musings are one of my favorite sources to follow. In Musing number 101 he writes about SEO, Search Engine Optimization.I would love to quote everything he writes because I totally agree with his view. Here is an excerpt:When Tim Berners Lee came up with the idea of the World Wide Web back in the day, he envisioned it as a way of sharing knowledge. SEO is a slap in the face and a kick to a point lower down to that vision. SEO isn’t about sharing or disseminating knowl…
- Kev Quirk Kev Quirk: "@firstname.lastname@example.org I’m not sure I agree with y… @en I’m not sure I agree with you here. Yes, SEO shouldn’t be the be all and end all, but it is useful.Also, SEO is as binary as “it’s no SEO or your site is full of ads.” Some SEO is useful to drive organic traffic. I do agree, however, that manipulation is the SEO space is rife.
- AlanGMarz @jlelse I agree, the SEO theory only seems suited to mone… @jlelse I agree, the SEO theory only seems suited to money-centred blogs. Ironically though, I've downloaded Yoast (one of two plugins) to help with some structure issues. SEO doesn't suit my type of personal blog. But that's all I'm using. WordPress is more enjoyable without plugins.
- Jan-Lukas Else jlelse's Blog I have already written about my blogroll several times. After I automated it with Hugo and was also able to implement the automatic creation with GoBlog, I have now significantly improved the integration in GoBlog. Blogroll support is now directly in the application, hopefully supports other services besides Miniflux and there is an OPML download now. Blogrolls rock!
- joe jenett 05/14/21 n-gate.com. (new)
- Jan-Lukas Else Advent of Bloggers – What a cool idea, James! 👍 If you still need some inspiration, I have a blogroll with many blogs worth reading as well.
- ndreas @jlelse great idea. @jlelse great idea.
- capjamesg I liked jlelse’s Blog. I liked jlelse’s Blog.
- joe jenett discovery things - links and rings I truly appreciate the many sources which make it possible for me to continually do what I enjoy doing the most - sharing links, providing a means to explore and discover what’s out there on the independent web. To all the Pinboard users, directories, blogrolls (link lists), and webrings that have been so helpful to me - thank you! To my readers and fellow explorers, let me share some of these great exploration points I use to find links for the dailywebthing linkport and the daily pointers -…
- joe jenett 05/30/22 ~/joelchrono12 (new) Oh Hello Ana.blog
- Jan-Lukas Else Awesome Personal Blogs You’ve probably come across Awesome lists already. This one is quite similar to Personalsit.es, which I linked to recently. It’s nice to have such a long list full of personal blogs to explore. Exploring other’s personal blogs always offers the possibility to learn and discover new things and get to know new people who share interesting stuff. I also have a blogroll, to which I regularly add new links which I find worth featuring. If you have a personal blog too, feel free to send me a link t…