If you are blogger or blog developer, you probably know the greatness of WordPress plugins. They can add unexpected features or unbelievable possibilities to your blog or the blog, you have to develop.
Because I earned a lot of experiences in WordPress during the last months (I also coded a complete theme myself), I want to tell you, which plugins are definitely worth to use.
These are the plugins, that are needed on almost every blog, so I think I don’t have to explain them that much:
Plugins I recommend
In addition to the above mentioned plugins, I also use these on almost every page:
- CloudFlare speeds up your site and cashes things like images, so that your sever load decreases a bit. It can also compress pages and images, so visitors will get faster browsing experience. It’s a CDN.
- AMP - This plugins makes use of Accelerated Mobile Pages and optimizes your website for mobile devices on slow internet connections. These also load in a few milliseconds on slow connections. It’s a must-have.
- Disqus is an alternative comment system, which gives you a lot of extra features. In addition to this visitors can also login the way they want, like Facebook, Twitter, G+… With Disqus it’s also easier to manage comments on multiple sites from a centralized place.
- Instant Images - Search beautiful images for your posts from Unsplash.com directly through your WordPress.
- Source Affix - If you use external sources for the information in your posts, this plugin helps you to add a reference.
If you know any other great plugin, that’s a must-have, feel free to add it to the comments and I’ll mention it in a future post. Have fun using WordPress!