20 Things Writers Do When They’re in a Bad Mood
Or what are you doing?
When you aren’t in the right mood to write a good article, what are you gonna do?
- Are you gonna sit around and tell yourself you’ll never write again?
- Are you wondering what you could write about?
- Do you constantly create new drafts, but delete them after a few words?
- Are you sitting in front of the paper (or the white monitor) waiting?
- Are you writing about the reasons why you’re not in such a bad mood right now?
- Are you crying?
- Are you talking, telephoning or chatting with your best friend?
- Do you think about how you used to cuddle up with your parents when you were a little kid when you weren’t feeling well?
- Are you always hitting a pillow to let your emotions run wild?
- Do you turn on your laptop and spend the rest of the day watching movies?
- Are you going to take your bike and ride a big round until you get some ideas?
- Do you check out Facebook or Twitter to see what’s going on with other people?
- Do you read any older articles you wrote a year or two ago?
- Do you google your name?
- Do you use an idea generator?
- Are you torturing yourself reading Buzzfeed clickbait?
- Do you read old WhatsApp messages and philosophize about how time has changed?
- Are you buying unnecessary things from Amazon out of frustration to write about them later?
- Are you thinking about how to get back in a good mood?
- Or are you doing something completely different?
Tags: Medium Archive