Because ActivityPub instances can go offline from time to time and it’s general best practice to retry failed requests, I just added a new queueing system for ActivityPub requests to GoBlog using this nice library named “dque”. There’s always a bug or sub-optimal solution I need to fix before I want to release GoBlog (or whatever I will name it in the end) to the wide world. But the frequency of the discovery of improvable things is decreasing, so I hope I will be able to write documentation soon.
Productive Sunday morning: I just integrated a full-text search into GoBlog. It’s using the SQLite FTS5 extension. I always find it impressive how many features SQLite has and what is possible with it!
After trying to write my own static site generator as an experiment, I now started to write my own CMS. Written in Go, SQLite as database (SQLite is awesome!) and focused on performance and simplicity. Currently I’m using Hugo with a number of dynamic additional services (for Micropub, Webmentions, ActivityPub, …), so it’s almost questionable why I use a static page generator at all. If I use my own lightweight and high-performance CMS, I could save myself all this extra stuff or at least reduce it in complexity.