Most of my blog posts don’t have any images for a couple of reasons:
- Often images don’t add any value to the content of a post, so no need to add a random image from Unsplash.
- Sites without images, or with as few images as possible, load faster. Not everyone has a fast internet connection. When I’m traveling through Germany, there are a lot of places with just EDGE and I can’t visit image heavy sites.
- It’s hard to get accessibility for images right. I still need to improve that on my site.
- Images need more storage than text and I don’t want to clutter my blog git repository with too many images.
- My micropub endpoint doesn’t support images yet.