I recently realized my writings are cluttered all over multiple websites. I think that isn’t good and isn’t helping to motivate me to write more often. Instead of publishing something on my blog, I often just write a short tweet. To change this, I decided to merge my blogs, or at least some of them.
For this I bought the domain “jlelse.blog” (I think that’s a really fancy one like my main domain “jlelse.dev”) and started restructuring the Hugo setup I use for my sites. I fixed a few bugs with the theme, created some redirect and rewrite rules, and copied the contents of my development blog to my former “jlelse writes” blog.
I also decided to add a new category “thoughts” for short thoughts, that normally land in a tweet.
This blog has the following categories now:
- All (that’s everything from all subcategories) (RSS)
- Posts (former “jlelse Writes”) (RSS)
- Thoughts (Short thoughts) (RSS)
- Dev (former “Dev All The Things”) (RSS)
I hope you like reading my stuff! Feel free to send me ideas…
I will probably also rework some older articles soon and, of course, write new ones.
Update: (04. Jun 2019)
There are now two more categories on this blog:
- Medium Archive (RSS): An archive of some posts I originally published on Medium.
- Links (RSS): A collection of links I stumbled across.