It’s been a while since ChatGPT was introduced to the world, and after the initial excitement, things seem to have settled down. While there’s still daily news about various services and companies integrating the GPT API into their products, the buzz around it has quieted. At least, that’s how it appears to me.
I’ve also discovered a more effective way to integrate ChatGPT into my daily routine. Here are a few examples of how ChatGPT assists me:
- Correcting grammar and spelling in blog posts: Previously, I primarily used DeepL Write for this purpose. However, DeepL has become more stringent about character limits.
- Translating texts while maintaining the appropriate style: I can direct ChatGPT to translate German text into English, using simpler language since I’m not a native speaker and prefer to avoid complex words. Although I don’t use this feature frequently, it’s handy for my monthly reviews.
- Assisting with coding tasks: The AI often provides ideas for implementing certain features. Sometimes, asking the AI is faster than sifting through numerous Stack Overflow pages.
- Data transformation
- Generating new cooking recipes
- Explaining words or concepts
- Crafting summaries for my blog posts (I utilize the API for this purpose)
For a while, I’ve been thinking about whether subscribing to ChatGPT Plus would be a wise decision for me.
Opting for GPT-4 could potentially result in better, more helpful and more correct answers. Additionally, the ability to use plugins and upload files for processing is promising.
However, the monthly cost of almost 24 $ remains somewhat steep in my view. I’m constantly seeking opportunities to optimize my expenses across the board.
It’s important to note that I’m not a freelancer. Therefore, enhancing my productivity further (my colleagues humorously refer to me as “Speedy Gonzales” at times) might not necessarily boost my income; instead, it could increase my workload. 😅
Until now, I’ve managed well with GPT-3.5. Even in instances where the provided answers were less helpful, I could rely on my own problem-solving skills with some investment of time.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Are you a ChatGPT Plus subscriber? If so, what prompted your decision? How do you make use of the service?
Tags: AI, ChatGPT